How to file your Paxos taxes with Koinly
Paxos is a NY-based fintech company that specializes in regulated blockchain and digital asset solutions, including issuing assets like PYUSD, USDP, and PAXG. Whatever your investments, Koinly can help with your Paxos taxes.
Follow these steps to download your Paxos data:
- Log in to your Paxos account
- Go to the transactions history page
- Export/download your transaction history for ALL years of trading (check with their support if you can't find this)
- Manually check that the file contains all your deposits, withdrawals and trades
- Create a free account on Koinly
- Complete onboarding until you get to the Wallets page and find Paxos in the list
- Click on it and select "File import" in the import options screen
- Upload the files you downloaded from Paxos (one at a time) and click on Import
- Review your transactions on the Transactions page to ensure everything is tagged correctly and no missing data
- Go to the Tax Reports page to view your tax liability!
How do I file my Paxos taxes?
You'll need to calculate and report any income or capital gains you made with your tax office. For most people, this happens as part of your annual tax return.
There are a couple of ways you can do this - do it yourself, by identifying your taxable transactions, calculating your net capital gain or loss, and the fair market value of any crypto income.
Or, use a crypto tax calculator like Koinly to easily calculate your taxable income for you, and generate your crypto tax report, ready to file with your tax office.
Koinly works by importing your crypto transaction data to analyze what's taxable, and what's not.
Koinly lets you manage all your crypto transactions - from all the blockchains, wallets, and exchanges you use - from one single platform, making crypto tax simple.
Your frequently asked questions
Does Paxos provide tax documents?
No. Paxos does not issue tax documents, instead, you can export your Paxos transaction history as a CSV file.
How do I get tax reports and forms from Paxos?
The easiest way to get your Paxos tax report is to upload a CSV file of your transaction history to Koinly crypto tax calculator. Once it has your transaction history, Koinly will calculate your gains, losses, income, and more, before generating your crypto tax report.
Does Paxos provide financial or end of year statements?
Yes. You can export an account statement from Paxos.