How to file your Deribit taxes
Deribit is a crypto options and futures exchange for Bitcoin, Ethereum, and more. But if you have profits from your derivatives trading, you’ll need to pay tax on them. Koinly can help with your crypto taxes. Here’s how.
Follow these steps to sync your Deribit data automatically to Koinly:
- Log in to your Deribit account.
- In the top right corner, click your account name.
- From the drop-down menu, select My Account.
- In the left-hand menu, select API.
- On the right hand side, click Add New Key.
- Under Account, select Read.
- Under Block Trade, Trade, Wallet, and Custody, select None.
- Under Name, add a name for your API key, for example, “Koinly”.
- Click Create new API Key.
- Copy your Client ID and Client Secret.
- Paste your Client ID into the API key box, and your Client Secret into the API secret box in Koinly.
- Create a free account on Koinly
- Complete onboarding until you get to the Wallets page and find Deribit in the list
- Select API > Paste the API keys you copied above in the appropriate box
- Hit Import and wait for Koinly to sync your data. This can take a few minutes
- Review your transactions on the Transactions page to ensure everything is tagged correctly and no missing data
- Go to the Tax Reports page to view your tax liability!