How to Connect Bitstamp with Koinly
Trading with Bitstamp? Koinly can help with your crypto taxes. Here's how.
Follow these steps to sync your Bitstamp data automatically to Koinly:
- In your Bitstamp account, click on your profile icon and select Settings.
- This is where you will see your User ID. Copy this ID and paste it in the field here on the left.
- On the left panel, click on API access.
- On this page, you need to set the relevant permissions. The only permissions that are needed by Koinly are Account Balance and User Transactions. All other permissions should be turned off and you should not add any address filters.
- At the bottom of the page, click on Enter 2FA & Submit.
- Your API key and API secret will now be displayed. Copy these and add them to Koinly.
- Before the API can be used, you will need to click on the Activate button and confirm the activation through your email.
- Create a free account on Koinly
- Complete onboarding until you get to the Wallets page and find Bitstamp in the list
- Select API > Paste the API keys you copied above in the appropriate box
- Hit Import and wait for Koinly to sync your data. This can take a few minutes
- Review your transactions on the Transactions page to ensure everything is tagged correctly and no missing data
- Go to the Tax Reports page to view your tax liability!
Bitstamp may not return some of your trades between Feb 2018 and March 2018 which can cause balances to not match up. Add those trades manually if you notice any missing transactions.