How To Do Your AscendEX Taxes
Here's what you should do
AscendEX was formerly BitMax, the exchange rebranded in March 2021. The first step is to download all your transaction data from AscendEX and import them into Koinly. There are a few ways you can do this:
Follow these steps to sync your AscendEx (BitMax) data automatically to Koinly:
- From your AscendEX account, select your profile icon and click on API settings.
- Select New API Key.
- Add a name for the API, such as "Koinly".
- For permissions, you should only select View.
- Under IP restriction, select No Restriction.
- Complete the email and 2FA verification.
- Select Generate API Key.
- Copy the Public API Key and the API Secret Key and add them to the fields in Koinly.
- Create a free account on Koinly
- Complete onboarding until you get to the Wallets page and find AscendEx (BitMax) in the list
- Select API > Paste the API keys you copied above in the appropriate box
- Hit Import and wait for Koinly to sync your data. This can take a few minutes
- Review your transactions on the Transactions page to ensure everything is tagged correctly and no missing data
- Go to the Tax Reports page to view your tax liability!
Notes / Limitations
- Trade history is only provided for the last 30 days. All older trades will need to be imported using CSV files instead.
- The API does not provide Margin trades.