How to Connect Vechain (VET) with Koinly
Are you investing in Vechain? Whether you're trading, staking or farming - it's incredibly easy to do your crypto taxes with Koinly.
To get started, simply connect Koinly to the Vechain blockchain via your public address or CSV file upload. Once connected, Koinly imports all your trades automatically. Next, Koinly calculates all your gains, income and expenses with easy-to-spot totals ready for your tax return. At tax time, simply download the Koinly tax report for your country and you’re good to file!
Follow these steps to sync your Vechain (VET) data automatically to Koinly:
- Open your Vechain (VET) wallet app
- Locate and copy your public address or key
- Create a free account on Koinly
- Complete onboarding until you get to the Wallets page and find Vechain (VET) in the list
- Select API > Paste the public address/key you copied above in the appropriate box
- Hit Import and wait for Koinly to sync your data. This can take a few minutes
- Review your transactions on the Transactions page to ensure everything is tagged correctly and no missing data
- Go to the Tax Reports page to view your tax liability!
Good to know: VTHO rewards are not reported on the explorer, so Koinly is unable to import this data. You'll need to add these transactions manually instead. If you're not sure how to do this, read our guide on how to add transactions manually.
How to find your Vechain public address
You can find your public address in the wallet you use to interact with the Vechain blockchain- for example, Atomic, ZenGo or Trust Wallet.
We have instructions on how to do this for a variety of popular wallets on our integration pages.
Please note: you’ll need to add your public address from every wallet you use to interact with VET in order for Koinly to calculate your crypto taxes correctly.