How to Connect Secret Network (SCRT) and Koinly
Secret Network (SCRT) is a blockchain that balances transparency and privacy - offering private and encrypted smart contracts. Investors can trade, stake, and provide liquidity in native tokens, SCRT, and SNIP-20 tokens. Whatever your investments - Koinly can help when it comes to your taxes.
All you need to do to connect the Secret Network and Koinly is get your Secret Network public address or get a CSV file of your Secret Network transaction history. Koinly will then calculate your taxes and generate your crypto tax report, ready to file. Here's how.
Follow these steps to sync your Secret Network (SCRT) data automatically to Koinly:
- Open your Secret Network (SCRT) wallet app
- Locate and copy your public address or key
- Create a free account on Koinly
- Complete onboarding until you get to the Wallets page and find Secret Network (SCRT) in the list
- Select API > Paste the public address/key you copied above in the appropriate box
- Hit Import and wait for Koinly to sync your data. This can take a few minutes
- Review your transactions on the Transactions page to ensure everything is tagged correctly and no missing data
- Go to the Tax Reports page to view your tax liability!
- Transactions prior to the Supernova upgrade are not imported (Nov 2021)
- Snip-20 token transactions are not imported, since these are private/hidden transactions. These will need to be added manually.
Important: There are some limitations to the data the SCRT API can return. SNIP-20 tokens will not be imported as these tokens are private. As well as this, data prior to Supernova upgrade (November 2021) will not be imported.
How to find your Secret Network public address
You can find your public address in the wallet you use to interact with the Secret Network - for example, Keplr and Ledger.
We have instructions on how to do this for a variety of popular wallets on our integration pages.
Please note: you’ll need to add your public address from every wallet you use to interact with the Secret Network in order for Koinly to calculate your crypto taxes correctly.