How to Connect Coinbase API with Koinly
How to connect Coinbase API with Koinly
We've got great guides on how to connect Coinbase and Koinly, Coinbase Pro and Koinly, and Coinbase Wallet and Koinly already if you haven't checked them out yet. But we know some of our users prefer generating their own API keys and adding them to Koinly themselves instead of authorizing access for another app. So if you'd rather DIY - here's how to get your Coinbase API keys and add them to Koinly.
Follow these steps to sync your Coinbase API data automatically to Koinly:
1. Log in to your Coinbase account.
2. Select your profile icon in the top right corner.
3. Select settings from the drop-down menu.
4. Select API.
5. Select + new API.
6. Complete the two-factor verification.
7. Under accounts, select all.
8. Under permissions, check all permissions that end with :read
9. Select create.
10. Copy your API key and API secret and add them to the fields in Koinly.
- Create a free account on Koinly
- Complete onboarding until you get to the Wallets page and find Coinbase API in the list
- Select API > Paste the API keys you copied above in the appropriate box
- Hit Import and wait for Koinly to sync your data. This can take a few minutes
- Review your transactions on the Transactions page to ensure everything is tagged correctly and no missing data
- Go to the Tax Reports page to view your tax liability!