How to Connect CEX with Koinly
How does it work?
The first - and in most cases, the only - step is to download all your transaction data from CEX.io and import it into Koinly. There are a few ways you can do that:
Follow these steps to sync your CEX.io data automatically to Koinly:
- Log in to your CEX.io account.
- In the top right corner, click your profile icon.
- From the dropdown menu, click API.
- Under Permissions, check the Account Balance box. Leave all other checkboxes unticked.
- Click Generate Key.
- Copy the User ID, API key, and API secret and paste into the fields in Koinly.
- On CEX.io, click Activate next to the API information.
- A confirmation email will be sent to you. Click the link in the email to activate your API keys.
- Create a free account on Koinly
- Complete onboarding until you get to the Wallets page and find CEX.io in the list
- Select API > Paste the API keys you copied above in the appropriate box
- Hit Import and wait for Koinly to sync your data. This can take a few minutes
- Review your transactions on the Transactions page to ensure everything is tagged correctly and no missing data
- Go to the Tax Reports page to view your tax liability!
Deposits and withdrawals are not provided by this API. These transactions will need to be added manually or using CSV files