Preparing Your STEX Tax Forms
How does it work?
The first step is to download all your transaction data from STEX and upload it into Koinly. There are a couple of ways you can do this:
Follow these steps to sync your STEX data automatically to Koinly:
- Log in to your STEX account
- Go to the API settings page
- Create a new api key for Koinly
- Make sure to give it permission to read your deposits/withdrawals/trades. Koinly does NOT need access to your funds so you should disable any fund management permissions.
- Copy your API key and API secret
- Create a free account on Koinly
- Complete onboarding until you get to the Wallets page and find STEX in the list
- Select API > Paste the API keys you copied above in the appropriate box
- Hit Import and wait for Koinly to sync your data. This can take a few minutes
- Review your transactions on the Transactions page to ensure everything is tagged correctly and no missing data
- Go to the Tax Reports page to view your tax liability!
STEX have now shut down their API. All data will need to be imported via CSV files or added manually