How to file your Stargazer taxes with Koinly
Stargazer Wallet is a non-custodial web wallet for IOS, Android, and Chrome. It's primarily used for the Constellation Network and DAG - although it is also compatible with Ethereum. Whatever your investments, Koinly can help you with your crypto taxes. Here's how.
Follow these steps to sync your Stargazer wallet data automatically to Koinly:
- Open your Stargazer wallet wallet app
- Copy the public address for every coin that you have on it (even the ones with a zero balance)
- Create a free account on Koinly
- Complete onboarding until you get to the Wallets page and find Stargazer wallet in the list
- Select API > Paste the public address/key you copied above in the appropriate box
- Hit Import and wait for Koinly to sync your data. This can take a few minutes
- Review your transactions on the Transactions page to ensure everything is tagged correctly and no missing data
- Go to the Tax Reports page to view your tax liability!
Your frequently asked questions
Does Stargazer Wallet have tax documents?
No. Stargazer Wallet doesn't issue you with tax documents. Instead, you'll need to calculate your tax liability from your investments yourself, or use crypto tax software to help you.
How do I get Stargazer Wallet tax documents?
The easiest way to get your tax documents is with Koinly. Just get your Stargazer Wallet public address and add this to Koinly when adding a new wallet. Koinly can then automatically import your transaction history and calculate your gains, losses, and income.
Does Stargazer Wallet provide financial or end of year statements?
No. Stargazer Wallet does not provide financial or end of year statements for users.
Do I have to pay taxes on DAG tokens?
Yes. Tax offices around the world are clear that crypto is subject to tax, including your DAG and any other crypto in your Stargazer Wallet. Generally, either Capital Gains Tax or Income Tax. You can learn more about crypto tax where you live in our crypto tax guides.
Is Stargazer Wallet safe?
Stargazer Wallet is a non-custodial web wallet. While the wallet offers strong security features, your crypto is only as safe as you are. You should always follow best security practices by storing your crypto in a non-custodial cold wallet whenever you can. Learn more about the best ways to store crypto.
Can you buy DAG on Stargazer Wallet?
Yes. You can buy DAG with a Stargazer Wallet. Just open your wallet, select buy, then Constellation (DAG), and enter the amount you want to buy in USD.
How do I get a Stargazer Wallet?
You can download Stargazer Wallet for IOS, Android, and Chrome from the Constellation Network site.