How to Connect ShapeShift and Koinly
ShapeShift is a popular decentralized crypto exchange offering zero-commission trading and supports a great range of blockchains. Whatever your investments, Koinly can help you with your ShapeShift taxes - you just need to upload your transaction history to Koinly. Here's how it works.
Follow these steps to sync your ShapeShift data automatically to Koinly:
- Open your ShapeShift wallet app
- Copy the public address for every coin that you have on it (even the ones with a zero balance)
- Create a free account on Koinly
- Complete onboarding until you get to the Wallets page and find ShapeShift in the list
- Select API > Paste the public address/key you copied above in the appropriate box
- Hit Import and wait for Koinly to sync your data. This can take a few minutes
- Review your transactions on the Transactions page to ensure everything is tagged correctly and no missing data
- Go to the Tax Reports page to view your tax liability!