How to file your Scroll taxes with Koinly
Scroll is a layer-2 EVM zk-rollup, built to tackle the major drawbacks of Ethereum by providing faster transactions and lower gas fees using zero-knowledge proofs. Whatever your investments, Koinly can help with your Scroll taxes.
Follow these steps to sync your Scroll data automatically to Koinly:
- Open your Scroll wallet app
- Locate and copy your public address or key
- Create a free account on Koinly
- Complete onboarding until you get to the Wallets page and find Scroll in the list
- Select API > Paste the public address/key you copied above in the appropriate box
- Hit Import and wait for Koinly to sync your data. This can take a few minutes
- Review your transactions on the Transactions page to ensure everything is tagged correctly and no missing data
- Go to the Tax Reports page to view your tax liability!
How do I file my Scroll taxes?
You'll need to calculate and report any income or capital gains you made with your tax office. For most people, this happens as part of your annual tax return.
There are a couple of ways you can do this - do it yourself, by identifying your taxable transactions, calculating your net capital gain or loss, and the fair market value of any crypto income.
Or, use a crypto tax calculator like Koinly to easily calculate your taxable income for you, and generate your crypto tax report, ready to file with your tax office.
Koinly works by importing your crypto transaction data to analyze what's taxable, and what's not.
Koinly lets you manage all your crypto transactions - from all the blockchains, wallets, and exchanges you use - from one single platform, making crypto tax simple.
Your frequently asked questions
Does Scroll provide tax documents?
No, Scroll doesn't provide users with any tax documents, but you can use a crypto tax tool like Koinly to help you.
How do I get tax reports and forms from Scroll?
The simplest way to get your Scroll taxes done is with Koinly. Just add your Scroll public address and Koinly will import your transaction data automatically, so it can calculate your gains, losses, income, and more.
Does Scroll provide financial or end of year statements?
No. Scroll does not provide financial or end-of-year statements.