How To Connect Siacoin with Koinly
Siacoin (SC) is the native cryptocurrency for the Sia blockchain platform. Sia is a cryptocurrency software that acts as a secure, trustless marketplace for cloud storage. It allows anyone with the software installed to lease access to their unused storage space. It was designed to create a distributed, decentralized network for cloud data storage.
All you have to do is connect Koinly to the Siacoin blockchain via your public address. Then Koinly will take care of the rest. Your trades will automatically be imported and your gains, income and expenses totals will be calculated for you. At tax time, simply download the Koinly tax report for your country, and you’re good to file!
Follow these steps to sync your Siacoin (SC) data automatically to Koinly:
- Open your Siacoin (SC) wallet app
- Locate and copy your public address or key
- Create a free account on Koinly
- Complete onboarding until you get to the Wallets page and find Siacoin (SC) in the list
- Select API > Paste the public address/key you copied above in the appropriate box
- Hit Import and wait for Koinly to sync your data. This can take a few minutes
- Review your transactions on the Transactions page to ensure everything is tagged correctly and no missing data
- Go to the Tax Reports page to view your tax liability!
How to find your Siacoin public address
Simply go to the wallet that you use to interact with Siacoin - for example, Hebe, Ledger Nano S and Atomic Wallet.
We have instructions on how to do this for a variety of popular wallets on our integration pages.
Please note: this needs to be done for every wallet you use to interact with Siacoin in order for Koinly to calculate your crypto taxes correctly.
Once you have your public address, here’s how to connect to Koinly.