KuCoin is one of the largest crypto exchanges worldwide, with 1 out of every 4 crypto investors holding their investments on the exchange. KuCoin offers a huge host of crypto investment options from buying and trading to futures and mining. Whatever your crypto investments, Koinly can help you do your KuCoin taxes safely, quickly, and accurately.
1. KuCoin had a massive update in 2019. For users who had an account prior to this update, there may be some issues with transactions importing incorrectly. If this applies to you, you can just use the CSV import file method below instead.
2. If you've already used the KuCoin API method - make sure to delete your KuCoin API transaction data before uploading your KuCoin CSV file(s).
3. For those using KuCoin futures - this has a separate API which you'll need to integrate with Koinly in addition to the KuCoin API. See how here.
Due to the time period limitations of KuCoin CSV files and the way transaction data is split into separate CSV files, we recommend contacting KuCoin support instead of using their platform to export your CSV files yourself. You can do this by submitting a request with KuCoin support here. Just select account for issue type, then export trade history for issue type. Make sure to request your complete KuCoin transaction history, for however long you've had the account, when making your request. This means you'll end up with one CSV file instead of multiple CSV files to work through.
However, if you'd rather get your CSV files yourself from the KuCoin platform - here's how. There are several CSV files you may need from KuCoin. As a minimum, you'll need your Deposit & Withdrawal CSV files and your Spot Trade History CSV file. If you have cross margin trades or isolated margin trades on KuCoin, you may also need your Cross Margin Trade History CSV file & Isolated Margin Trade History CSV file. If you're using KuCoin futures, learn how to get your CSV file here.
Another important note - your KuCoin CSV files (whether that's from KuCoin support or exported from the platform) will be in the Singapore time zone by default. You can change this to your correct time zone when exporting files.
1. There is no CSV export for staking rewards. Use the API method instead or add staking rewards manually.
2. Loans and bot trades CSV files can not be exported from the website and must be requested from the KuCoin customer support team.
3. All CSV files are in SGT times by default, but you can change this as you export your file. If you already exported it, don't worry, this is easy to fix - learn how.
Problems with your KuCoin data import? We can help!
Sign up free today to calculate your KuCoin taxes.
No. But you can use your KuCoin trading history to calculate your crypto taxes yourself or with crypto tax software.
The easiest way to get your KuCoin tax documents is to connect to crypto tax software via API or by uploading a CSV file of your KuCoin transaction history. Your crypto tax calculator will then calculate your KuCoin taxes for you and generate your KuCoin tax documents.
No, KuCoin is not licensed to operate in the US due to the strict regulations for US crypto exchanges. As such KuCoin tax forms are not provided.
No, KuCoin doesn't supply a financial statement. But you can use your KuCoin trading history as a financial statement. If you use a crypto tax app, all you need is your trading history to generate a KuCoin tax report for your regional tax authority.