How To File Your HTX (Huobi) Taxes With Koinly
One of the largest global exchanges, HTX exchange (formerly Huobi) offers crypto investors more than 364 different cryptocurrencies and 57 local currencies, as well as margin trading, futures trading, and more. Koinly can help you do your HTX taxes safely, quickly, and accurately.
Follow these steps to sync your HTX (Huobi) data automatically to Koinly:
- Log in to Huobi.
- Select your profile icon in the top right corner.
- Select API management from the drop-down menu.
- Enter a name for your API Key, for example, "Koinly".
- Under permission settings, check read-only.
- Select create.
- Read the risk warning pop-up, check the boxes, and select I understand.
- Enter the security authentication code sent to your email address.
- Copy the access key and the secret key. Add these into the fields in Koinly.
- Create a free account on Koinly
- Complete onboarding until you get to the Wallets page and find HTX (Huobi) in the list
- Select API > Paste the API keys you copied above in the appropriate box
- Hit Import and wait for Koinly to sync your data. This can take a few minutes
- Review your transactions on the Transactions page to ensure everything is tagged correctly and no missing data
- Go to the Tax Reports page to view your tax liability!
Trades are limited to only the last 4 months. If your account is older than this, you will need to import CSV files for any older trades
Does HTX (Huobi) report to the IRS?
HTX no longer operates in the United States so it's unlikely the exchange is reporting to the IRS - although HTX may be facing pressure from other tax offices globally to share customer data.
Your frequently asked questions
Does HTX have tax documents?
No, HTX doesn't provide specific Huobi tax documents or tax reports. But as one of the biggest crypto exchanges going, HTX has teamed up with some awesome crypto tax apps so you can use your HTX transaction history report to generate a tax report for HTX. The easiest way to do this is using the HTX tax report API.
How do I get HTX tax documents?
The easiest way to get your HTX tax documents is to connect to crypto tax software via API or by uploading a CSV file of your HTX transaction history. Your crypto tax calculator will then calculate your HTX taxes for you and generate your HTX tax documents.
Can you use HTX (Huobi) in the US?
No. HTX shut down operations in the US as of December 15, 2019.
Does HTX provide financial or end of year statements?
You can use your HTX transaction history as an account statement. It has your complete HTX trading history and you can use it to generate a HTX tax statement. Once you've got your HTX account statement - calculate your crypto taxes yourself or upload your HTX financial statement to a crypto tax app to fetch a HTX tax statement in a snap.
Do I have to pay taxes on HTX?
Yes, if you’ve made any capital gains or income as a result of your crypto investment activities on HTX, you'll need to report these to your tax office and pay taxes on them. Your country tax regulations will specify what are the income and gains thresholds for paying taxes. Check out our tax guide for your country.
Does HTX (Huobi) require KYC?
HTX has some KYC verification procedures in place for users who wish to withdraw over a certain limit. The majority of small traders do not need to complete KYC to use HTX.
Is HTX (Huobi) safe?
HTX has not suffered any major hacks and is generally considered secure. HTX has however announced it is impacted by the FTX bankruptcy and the CEO Justin Sun has faced several controversies. Your crypto is always safest in a non-custodial, cold wallet.
Does HTX (Huobi) have Proof of Reserves?
Yes - HTX has provided Proof of Reserves via a snapshot from addresses on the 12th of November 2022. HTX was also recently acquired by About Capital in October 2022, and as part of this acquisition, HTX performed a Merkle Tree Proof of Reserves audit. Learn more about proof of reserves in our guide.