How to file your Fidelity taxes with Koinly
Fidelity is a US-based investment firm, serving more than 43 million individual investors, including crypto investors. Fidelity users can buy and sell a number of popular cryptocurrencies, as well as invest in crypto ETFs. Whatever your investments, Koinly can help with your Fidelity taxes.
Follow these steps to download your Fidelity data:
- Log into your Fidelity account.
- Locate your transaction history.
- Export your transaction history in CSV or Excel format.
If you are unable to export a transaction history, you may need to contact Fidelity's support team to request this export.
- Create a free account on Koinly
- Complete onboarding until you get to the Wallets page and find Fidelity in the list
- Click on it and select "File import" in the import options screen
- Upload the files you downloaded from Fidelity (one at a time) and click on Import
- Review your transactions on the Transactions page to ensure everything is tagged correctly and no missing data
- Go to the Tax Reports page to view your tax liability!
How do I file my Fidelity taxes?
You'll need to calculate and report any income or capital gains you made with your tax office. For most people, this happens as part of your annual tax return.
There are a couple of ways you can do this - do it yourself, by identifying your taxable transactions, calculating your net capital gain or loss, and the fair market value of any crypto income.
Or, use a crypto tax calculator like Koinly to easily calculate your taxable income for you, and generate your crypto tax report, ready to file with your tax office.
Koinly works by importing your crypto transaction data to analyze what's taxable, and what's not.
Koinly lets you manage all your crypto transactions - from all the blockchains, wallets, and exchanges you use - from one single platform, making crypto tax simple.
Your frequently asked questions
Does Fidelity provide tax documents?
Yes, Fidelity offers some tax documents for US investors depending on their investments, including 1099 forms. However, for crypto investors, these forms may not be adequate or accurate for tax reporting purposes. Instead, you can export a CSV file of your Fidelity transaction history for tax purposes.
How do I get tax reports and forms from Fidelity?
The easiest way to get an accurate Fidelity crypto tax report is to export your Fidelity crypto transaction history as a CSV file and upload this to a crypto tax calculator like Koinly. Once you've uploaded your CSV file, Koinly identifies your taxable transactions and calculates your gains, losses, income, and more.
Does Fidelity provide financial or end of year statements?
Yes. Fidelity investments offers monthly, quarterly, and year-end investment reports.