How to file your Dogechain taxes with Koinly
Dogechain is a layer-2 scaling solution built on Polygon Edge for the popular Dogecoin, bringing a world of DeFi investment opportunities to the DOGE ecosystem. Whatever your investments, Koinly can help with your Dogechain taxes.
Follow these steps to sync your Dogechain (DC) data automatically to Koinly:
- Open your Dogechain (DC) wallet app
- Locate and copy your public address or key
- Create a free account on Koinly
- Complete onboarding until you get to the Wallets page and find Dogechain (DC) in the list
- Select API > Paste the public address/key you copied above in the appropriate box
- Hit Import and wait for Koinly to sync your data. This can take a few minutes
- Review your transactions on the Transactions page to ensure everything is tagged correctly and no missing data
- Go to the Tax Reports page to view your tax liability!
How do I file my Dogechain taxes?
You'll need to calculate and report any income or capital gains you made with your tax office. For most people, this happens as part of your annual tax return.
There are a couple of ways you can do this - do it yourself, by identifying your taxable transactions, calculating your net capital gain or loss, and the fair market value of any crypto income.
Or, use a crypto tax calculator like Koinly to easily calculate your taxable income for you, and generate your crypto tax report, ready to file with your tax office.
Koinly works by importing your crypto transaction data to analyze what's taxable, and what's not.
Koinly lets you manage all your crypto transactions - from all the blockchains, wallets, and exchanges you use - from one single platform, making crypto tax simple.
Your frequently asked questions
Does Dogechain provide tax documents?
No, Dogechain doesn't provide users with any tax documents, but you can use a crypto tax tool like Koinly to get the documents and information you need.
How do I get tax reports and forms from Dogechain?
The simplest way to get your Dogechain taxes done is with a crypto tax calculator. Just add your Dogechain public address to Koinly and it will import your transaction data automatically - calculating your gains, losses, income, and more.
Does Dogechain provide financial or end of year statements?
No. Dogechain does not provide financial or end-of-year statements.