How to file your Celestia taxes with Koinly
Part of the Cosmos ecosystem, Celestia (TIA) is a groundbreaking modular blockchain network, revolutionizing blockchain architecture by separating execution from consensus through data availability sampling. It offers developers unparalleled freedom to create customized execution and settlement environments. But if you've been trading TIA, you'll need to make sure you pay any tax due. Whatever your transactions, Koinly can help.
Follow these steps to sync your Celestia (TIA) data automatically to Koinly:
- Open your Celestia (TIA) wallet app
- Locate and copy your public address or key
- Create a free account on Koinly
- Complete onboarding until you get to the Wallets page and find Celestia (TIA) in the list
- Select API > Paste the public address/key you copied above in the appropriate box
- Hit Import and wait for Koinly to sync your data. This can take a few minutes
- Review your transactions on the Transactions page to ensure everything is tagged correctly and no missing data
- Go to the Tax Reports page to view your tax liability!
How do I file my Celestia taxes?
You'll need to calculate and report any income or capital gains you made with your tax office. For most people, this happens as part of your annual tax return.
There are a couple of ways you can do this - do it yourself, by identifying your taxable transactions, calculating your net capital gain or loss, and the fair market value of any crypto income.
Or, use a crypto tax calculator like Koinly to easily calculate your taxable income for you, and generate your crypto tax report, ready to file with your tax office.
Koinly works by importing your crypto transaction data to analyze what's taxable, and what's not.
Koinly lets you manage all your crypto transactions - from all the blockchains, wallets, and exchanges you use - from one single platform, making crypto tax simple.
Your frequently asked questions...
Does Celestia provide tax documents?
No, Celestia does not provide tax documents, but you can use a crypto tax calculator like Koinly to help you calculate your tax liability and generate your tax reports.
How do I get tax reports and forms from Celestia?
The easiest way to get a Celestia tax report is to use Koinly. Koinly connects with Celestia automatically via API to import your Celestia transactions and calculate your gains, losses, income, and more, before generating your tax report. All you need is your Celestia wallet address.
Does Celestia provide financial or end of year statements?
No. Celestia does not provide financial or end-of-year statements.