How to File Your BTCX Taxes with Koinly
BTCX is a Swedish crypto exchange established in 2012 that lets Swedish investors buy and sell Bitcoin and Ethereum quickly and easily with BankID. Whatever your BTCX investments, Koinly can help with your Swedish crypto taxes.
Follow these steps to download your btcx data:
- Log in to BTCX.
- In the top navigation, select ordrar.
- Select exportera.
- Select CSV.
- Create a free account on Koinly
- Complete onboarding until you get to the Wallets page and find btcx in the list
- Click on it and select "File import" in the import options screen
- Upload the files you downloaded from btcx (one at a time) and click on Import
- Review your transactions on the Transactions page to ensure everything is tagged correctly and no missing data
- Go to the Tax Reports page to view your tax liability!
Does BTCX report to Skatteverket?
BTCX is registered with the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority and has KYC verification requirements to process transactions. BTCX states they do not send information to authorities such as the tax office routinely but may release information upon request if an authority contacts the company and has a statutory right to your information.
Your frequently asked questions
Does BTCX have tax documents?
No. BTCX does not issue users with tax documents. Instead, you'll need to export your BTCX transaction history as a CSV file and either do your taxes yourself or use a crypto tax calculator to do it for you.
How do I get my tax report from BTCX?
The easiest way to get a BTCX tax report is to upload a CSV file of your BTCX transaction history to Koinly. Koinly can then calculate your gains, losses, income, and more and generate your crypto tax report to help you file with Skatteverket.
Do I have to pay taxes on BTCX?
Yes. Skatteverket is clear that crypto is subject to tax and you may be liable to pay Capital Gains Tax, Income Tax, or Interest Income Tax on your transactions. You can learn more in our Sweden crypto tax guide.
Does BTCX provide financial or end of year statements?
No. BTCX does not provide financial or end of year statements for users, but you can export your BTCX transaction history as a CSV file.