How to file your Polygon zkEVM taxes with Koinly
How to do your Polygon zkEVM taxes with Koinly
Polygon's zkEVM is a scaling solution designed to make Ethereum transactions faster, more secure, and cost-effective. It's the first zero-knowledge scaling solution for Ethereum that supports smart contracts and developer tools. Whatever your investments, Koinly can help with your Polygon zkEVM taxes.
Follow these steps to sync your Polygon zkEVM data automatically to Koinly:
- Open your Polygon zkEVM wallet app
- Locate and copy your public address or key
- Create a free account on Koinly
- Complete onboarding until you get to the Wallets page and find Polygon zkEVM in the list
- Select API > Paste the public address/key you copied above in the appropriate box
- Hit Import and wait for Koinly to sync your data. This can take a few minutes
- Review your transactions on the Transactions page to ensure everything is tagged correctly and no missing data
- Go to the Tax Reports page to view your tax liability!
- ERC-1155 tokens are not supported at this time
How to find your Polygon zkEVM public address
To connect to Koinly, all you need is your Polygon zkEVM public address for each wallet you use. The exact steps on how to get your public address vary a little depending on the wallet you’re using, but we’ve got instructions on how to get your public address for popular wallets including MetaMask, Trust Wallet, Coinbase Wallet, and hundreds more on our integrations page.
And don't forget, for Koinly to calculate your crypto taxes correctly you’ll need to add your public address from every wallet you use to interact with Polygon zkEVM.
Your frequently asked questions...
What is Polygon zkEVM?
Polygon zkEVM is a groundbreaking scaling solution developed by Polygon to enhance Ethereum's speed, security, and affordability. It is the first zero-knowledge scaling solution compatible with the Ethereum Virtual Machine, offering seamless integration of smart contracts and developer tools, making Ethereum transactions more efficient and cost-effective.
What is the difference between Polygon PoS and zkEVM?
Polygon PoS (Proof of Stake) is a layer-2 scaling solution for Ethereum, while zkEVM (Zero-Knowledge Ethereum Virtual Machine) uses zero-knowledge proofs to enhance scalability. PoS relies on staking, zkEVM employs cryptographic techniques.
What does zkEVM stand for?
zkEVM stands for Zero-Knowledge Ethereum Virtual Machine.
What are the benefits of zkEVM?
zkEVM (Zero-Knowledge Ethereum Virtual Machine) offers faster, more secure, and cost-effective Ethereum transactions. It leverages zero-knowledge proofs for enhanced privacy and efficiency.