How to Connect Liquid with Koinly
Liquid has been impacted by the recent FTX Group bankruptcy filing and has halted withdrawals. The warning on the site currently reads, "We have just been instructed by S&C, who act for FTX Trading, to pause all forms of trading on our exchange because of the operation of the Chapter 11 process in the Delaware Courts."
We recommend users export all their Liquid Exchange investment activity to a CSV file as soon as possible to ensure you can easily report any previous taxable transactions. These records may also assist you in claiming a loss in the future should Liquid Exchange be unable to resume operations.
How It Works
The first step is to download all your data from liquid and import them into Koinly. There are a couple of ways you can do this:
Follow these steps to sync your Liquid data automatically to Koinly:
- Log in to your Liquid account
- Go to the API settings page
- Create a new api key for Koinly
- Make sure to give it permission to read your deposits/withdrawals/trades. Koinly does NOT need access to your funds so you should disable any fund management permissions.
- Copy your API key and API secret
- Create a free account on Koinly
- Complete onboarding until you get to the Wallets page and find Liquid in the list
- Select API > Paste the API keys you copied above in the appropriate box
- Hit Import and wait for Koinly to sync your data. This can take a few minutes
- Review your transactions on the Transactions page to ensure everything is tagged correctly and no missing data
- Go to the Tax Reports page to view your tax liability!