Migrate from CoinTracking
How to import data from CoinTracking.
The first step is to download all your data from CoinTracking and import it into Koinly. There are a couple of ways you can do this:
Follow these steps to download your Cointracking data:
- Access Transactions: After logging into your CoinTracking.info account, click on the "Enter Coins" tab in the main header to view your transaction list.
- Prepare to Export: Above your transaction list, locate and click the 'Export' button.
- Choose the Right Format: From the dropdown menu, be sure to select 'CSV (Full Export)' for a complete download of your data. Avoid clicking the standard 'CSV' option, as it does not provide the full export needed for a comprehensive migration.
- Create a free account on Koinly
- Complete onboarding until you get to the Wallets page and find Cointracking in the list
- Click on it and select "File import" in the import options screen
- Upload the files you downloaded from Cointracking (one at a time) and click on Import
- Review your transactions on the Transactions page to ensure everything is tagged correctly and no missing data
- Go to the Tax Reports page to view your tax liability!
While Koinly supports the CSV exports from Cointracking, there are a few things that need to be adjusted manually after importing:
- Liquidity transactions need to be merged manually
- NFTs need to be changed manually
- Staking needs to be tagged manually
If you encounter any of these issues, we would recommend that you recreate the affected wallets on Koinly, in order for this to be handled automatically