How To Connect Firo (XZC) with Koinly
Firo, formerly known as Zcoin, is a cryptocurrency that focuses on setting privacy standards. It also created the Lelantus privacy protocol, which allows users to burn their coins and later redeem them as brand new ones without the transaction history. If you've invested in Firo, eventually, you're going to have to get your taxes in order. Don't worry though, with the help of Koinly, your end-of-year tax time can be incredibly easy.
The good news, all it takes to get started is to connect Koinly to the Firo blockchain via your public address. Once connected, Koinly does all of the hard work for you, including calculating your gains, income and expenses. All you need to do at tax time is download your Koinly tax report, which provides you with easy-to-spot totals ready to be added to your tax return.
Follow these steps to sync your Firo / Zcoin (XZC) data automatically to Koinly:
- Open your Firo / Zcoin (XZC) wallet app
- Locate and copy your public address or key
- Create a free account on Koinly
- Complete onboarding until you get to the Wallets page and find Firo / Zcoin (XZC) in the list
- Select API > Paste the public address/key you copied above in the appropriate box
- Hit Import and wait for Koinly to sync your data. This can take a few minutes
- Review your transactions on the Transactions page to ensure everything is tagged correctly and no missing data
- Go to the Tax Reports page to view your tax liability!
How to find your Firo public address
Your public address can be found by accessing the wallet you use to interact with Firo - for example, Trust Wallet, Coinomi and Firo GUI Wallet.
We have instructions on how to do this for a variety of popular wallets on our integration pages.
Please note: make sure you add the public address from every wallet you use to interact with Firo in order for Koinly to calculate your crypto taxes correctly.
Once you have your public address, here’s how to connect to Koinly.