How to Connect Osmosis and Koinly
Osmosis (OSMO) is a P2P blockchain that lets investors trade IBC-enabled tokens and earn by providing liquidity. Whatever your Osmosis investments - Koinly can help with your Osmosis taxes.
To get started with your Osmosis taxes, all you need to do is connect Osmosis to Koinly via your public address or by uploading a CSV file. Once connected, Koinly imports all your trades automatically, calculates your crypto tax for you, and generates a tax report for your country, ready for you to download when you need to file.
Follow these steps to sync your Osmosis (OSMO) data automatically to Koinly:
- Open your Osmosis (OSMO) wallet app
- Locate and copy your public address or key
- Create a free account on Koinly
- Complete onboarding until you get to the Wallets page and find Osmosis (OSMO) in the list
- Select API > Paste the public address/key you copied above in the appropriate box
- Hit Import and wait for Koinly to sync your data. This can take a few minutes
- Review your transactions on the Transactions page to ensure everything is tagged correctly and no missing data
- Go to the Tax Reports page to view your tax liability!
How to find your Osmosis public address
You can normally find your Osmosis public address in the wallet(s) you use to interact with Osmosis - for example, Keplr or Cosmostation. We've got step by step instructions on how to do this for a variety of popular Osmosis wallets on our integration pages.
Remember, you’ll need to add your public address from every wallet you use to interact with OSMO in order for Koinly to calculate your crypto taxes correctly.