How To Integrate LocalBitcoins with Koinly to do your Crypto Taxes
LocalBitcoins has announced it's shutting down. In a statement released on February 9, 2023, the company said customers should withdraw their funds from their LocalBitcoins wallets in the next 12 months.
Are you trading with LocalBitcoins? Whether you're buying, investing, staking, or storing crypto, it's incredibly easy to get your LocalBitcoins crypto taxes done with Koinly.
Follow these steps to sync your LocalBitcoins data automatically to Koinly:
- Navigate to LocalBitcoins’ API Settings page.
- Follow the instructions to create a Read-Only API Key and Secret.
- Copy the API Key and Secret and paste into the fields in Koinly.
- Create a free account on Koinly
- Complete onboarding until you get to the Wallets page and find LocalBitcoins in the list
- Select API > Paste the API keys you copied above in the appropriate box
- Hit Import and wait for Koinly to sync your data. This can take a few minutes
- Review your transactions on the Transactions page to ensure everything is tagged correctly and no missing data
- Go to the Tax Reports page to view your tax liability!
Deposits and withdrawals are only provided for the last 30 days. You will need to use CSV files for any older data