How To Connect Energy Web Token with Koinly
The Energy Web Token (EWT) is the native cryptocurrency of the Energy Web Chain. It is an open-source blockchain network that was designed to empower energy sector Dapp developers. It supports the development of energy sector applications by building a more traceable, democratized, and decarbonized energy system. If you're investing in Energy Web Token, Koinly can help when it comes to tax time.
The first step is simple. All you have to do is connect Koinly to the Energy Web Token blockchain via your public address. Once connected, Koinly imports all your trades automatically. Then your gains, income and expenses will be calculated for you. At tax time, all you need to do is download your Koinly tax report for your country, and you’re good to file!
Follow these steps to sync your Energy Web Token (EWT) data automatically to Koinly:
- Open your Energy Web Token (EWT) wallet app
- Locate and copy your public address or key
- Create a free account on Koinly
- Complete onboarding until you get to the Wallets page and find Energy Web Token (EWT) in the list
- Select API > Paste the public address/key you copied above in the appropriate box
- Hit Import and wait for Koinly to sync your data. This can take a few minutes
- Review your transactions on the Transactions page to ensure everything is tagged correctly and no missing data
- Go to the Tax Reports page to view your tax liability!
How to find your Energy Web Token public address
You can find your public address in the wallet you use to interact with Energy Web Token - for example, MyCrypto, MetaMask, and Ledger.
For more help, we have instructions for a variety of popular wallets on our integration pages.
Please note: you’ll need to add your public address from every wallet you use to interact with Energy Web Token in order for Koinly to calculate your crypto taxes correctly.
Once you have your public address, here’s how to connect to Koinly.