Migrate from Cointracker
How to migrate your data
Looking to switch from CoinTracker to Koinly? Good choice! If you're unsure, read our comparison of CoinTracker vs Koinly here.
The first step is to download all your transaction data from Cointracker and upload it into Koinly. There are a few ways you can do that:
Follow these steps to download your Cointracker data:
- Navigate to Transactions: Log into your CoinTracker account and select 'Transactions' from the main header to view your transaction history.
- Initiate Download: Click the 'Download CSV' button, located on the right side of the transaction list, to begin downloading your data.
- Wait for Download: After initiating the download, please be aware that it may take some time for the download to start.
- Create a free account on Koinly
- Complete onboarding until you get to the Wallets page and find Cointracker in the list
- Click on it and select "File import" in the import options screen
- Upload the files you downloaded from Cointracker (one at a time) and click on Import
- Review your transactions on the Transactions page to ensure everything is tagged correctly and no missing data
- Go to the Tax Reports page to view your tax liability!
While Koinly supports the CSV exports from Cointracker, there are a few things that need to be adjusted manually after importing:
- Liquidity transactions need to be merged manually
- NFTs need to be changed manually
- Staking and rewards need to be tagged manually
If you encounter any of these issues, we would recommend that you recreate the affected wallets on Koinly, in order for this to be handled automatically