How to Connect Bitpay with Koinly
How to connect Bitpay with Koinly
Bitpay is a payment service provider that specializes in letting investors pay in crypto (and businesses accept crypto payments), as well as offering a Bitcoin debit card, wallet, and the ability to buy and store crypto. Whatever you're using Bitpay for, Koinly can help with your crypto taxes - you just need a CSV file of your Bitpay transaction history.
Follow these steps to download your BitPay data:
- Log in to the desktop version of the Bitpay app.
- Select the gear icon in the bottom right corner.
- Scroll down to the key that contains the wallet you'd like to export and select that key.
- Under the wallets section, select the wallet you'd like to export.
- On the wallet settings page, select transaction history.
- Select export to file.
- Save this file to your device.
- Create a free account on Koinly
- Complete onboarding until you get to the Wallets page and find BitPay in the list
- Click on it and select "File import" in the import options screen
- Upload the files you downloaded from BitPay (one at a time) and click on Import
- Review your transactions on the Transactions page to ensure everything is tagged correctly and no missing data
- Go to the Tax Reports page to view your tax liability!