How To Connect Ignition (IC) with Koinly
Ignition Coin is a decentralized, peer-to-peer blockchain that uses proof of stake and master node algorithms. The cryptocurrency's primary function is to be a secure store of value, like bitcoin, without any of Bitcoin’s current limitations, which allows for more growth.
Are you investing in Ignition? Whether you're trading, staking or farming - Koinly can help when it comes to your blockchain taxes. All you to get started is your public address from the Ignition blockchain. That's all you need to connect! Once you've connected, Koinly imports all your trades and calculates all your gains, income and expenses for you. At tax time, you can simply download the Koinly tax report for your country, and you’ll be ready to file!
Follow these steps to sync your Ignition (IC) data automatically to Koinly:
- Open your Ignition (IC) wallet app
- Locate and copy your public address or key
- Create a free account on Koinly
- Complete onboarding until you get to the Wallets page and find Ignition (IC) in the list
- Select API > Paste the public address/key you copied above in the appropriate box
- Hit Import and wait for Koinly to sync your data. This can take a few minutes
- Review your transactions on the Transactions page to ensure everything is tagged correctly and no missing data
- Go to the Tax Reports page to view your tax liability!
How to find your Ignition public address
Your public address can be found in the wallet you use to interact with Ignition - for example, IC Wallet, Samourai and Ledger.
We have instructions on how to do this for a variety of popular wallets on our integration pages.
Please note: you’ll need to add your public address from every wallet you use to interact with Ignition in order for Koinly to calculate your crypto taxes correctly.
Once you have your public address, here’s how to connect to Koinly.