How To File Your GameStop Wallet Taxes With Koinly
GameStop Wallet is a popular self-custodial Ethereum wallet that lets gamers and investors manage their crypto and NFTs. Whatever your GameStop Wallet investments, Koinly can help with your NFT and crypto taxes.
Follow these steps to sync your Gamestop wallet data automatically to Koinly:
- Open your Gamestop wallet wallet app
- Copy the public address for every coin that you have on it (even the ones with a zero balance)
- Create a free account on Koinly
- Complete onboarding until you get to the Wallets page and find Gamestop wallet in the list
- Select API > Paste the public address/key you copied above in the appropriate box
- Hit Import and wait for Koinly to sync your data. This can take a few minutes
- Review your transactions on the Transactions page to ensure everything is tagged correctly and no missing data
- Go to the Tax Reports page to view your tax liability!
Your frequently asked questions
Does GameStop Wallet provide tax reports or documents?
No. GameStop Wallet does not provide tax reports for users yet. As anyone, anywhere can use GameStop Wallet, this would be very difficult for them to do! Instead, you can use a crypto tax calculator like Koinly to help with your GameStop Wallet taxes.
How do I get GameStop Wallet tax documents?
The easiest way to get your GameStop Wallet tax documents is to connect to crypto tax software automatically using API. Once your chosen crypto tax software has your GameStop Wallet transaction data, it can identify your taxable transactions and calculate your crypto and NFT taxes for you, as well as generate tax documents to help you file with your tax office.
Does GameStop Wallet provide financial or end of year statements?
No. GameStop Wallet does not provide financial or end of year statements for users, but you can use crypto tax software to get documents for tax filing purposes.
Do I have to pay taxes on GameStop Wallet?
Yes! Crypto taxes vary around the world, but generally speaking, you'll need to pay Capital Gains Tax on any gains whenever you sell, swap or spend crypto assets - including NFTs! Learn more about crypto where you live in our crypto tax guides.
Wait, are GameStop NFTs taxable?
Yes. If you sell NFTs and make a gain, then you may need to pay Capital Gains Tax on that gain. As well as this, if you trade one NFT for another and make a gain, this is no different to a crypto to crypto trade and you may need to pay Capital Gains Tax on that gain. You can learn more about NFT taxes in our guide.
What is GameStop NFT wallet?
The GameStop NFT Wallet lets you interact with GameStop NFTs, manage your non-fungible tokens and other digital assets and explore Web3.
What kind of wallet is GameStop Wallet?
GameStop Wallet is a self-custodial Ethereum wallet that supports layer 2 solutions like Loopring & ImmutableX, available as a browser extension or mobile app.