How to Connect CoinMate with Koinly
The first - and in most cases, the only - step is to download all your data from CoinMate and upload them into Koinly. There are a few ways you can do that
Follow these steps to sync your CoinMate data automatically to Koinly:
- Log in to your CoinMate account.
- In the top right corner, click the Profile Icon.
- From the drop-down menu, click Profile.
- Select the API tab.
- Select Account Info check-box. Leave the other checkboxes blank. Koinly only needs read access for your API keys.
- Give your API key a label, for example, “Koinly”.
- Leave’ Limit access for API key’ blank.
- Click Generate New Keys.
- Complete 2FA.
- Copy the Client ID, Private Key, and Public Key into the fields in Koinly.
- Create a free account on Koinly
- Complete onboarding until you get to the Wallets page and find CoinMate in the list
- Select API > Paste the API keys you copied above in the appropriate box
- Hit Import and wait for Koinly to sync your data. This can take a few minutes
- Review your transactions on the Transactions page to ensure everything is tagged correctly and no missing data
- Go to the Tax Reports page to view your tax liability!