How To File Your Atomic Wallet Taxes With Koinly
Atomic Wallet is free to use and you can trade almost any cryptocurrency you want thanks to the Atomic Swap integration. Investors can also earn crypto through regular airdrops and through staking. Koinly can help you do your Atomic Wallet taxes safely, quickly, and accurately.
Follow these steps to sync your Atomic Wallet data automatically to Koinly:
- Open your Atomic Wallet wallet app
- Copy the public address for every coin that you have on it (even the ones with a zero balance)
- Create a free account on Koinly
- Complete onboarding until you get to the Wallets page and find Atomic Wallet in the list
- Select API > Paste the public address/key you copied above in the appropriate box
- Hit Import and wait for Koinly to sync your data. This can take a few minutes
- Review your transactions on the Transactions page to ensure everything is tagged correctly and no missing data
- Go to the Tax Reports page to view your tax liability!
Does Atomic Wallet report to the IRS?
As a non-custodial, decentralized wallet with no KYC - it’s unlikely Atomic is reporting to the IRS. However, if you’re transferring assets out of your Atomic wallet to cash out on larger crypto exchanges - many centralized exchanges do report to the IRS.
Your frequently asked questions
Does Atomic Wallet have tax documents?
No, Atomic doesn't provide tax documents or reports. But you can integrate the Atomic tax report API with crypto tax software to generate one. You can also export CSV files of your transaction history and upload them to a crypto tax calculator as discussed above.
How do I get Atomic Wallet tax documents?
The easiest way to get your Atomic Wallet tax report is to connect to crypto tax software via API or by uploading a CSV file of your Atomic Wallet transaction history. Your crypto tax calculator will automatically generate your Atomic Wallet tax documents for you.
Does Atomic Wallet provide financial or end of year statements?
No, Atomic does not provide financial statements. However, you can use a crypto tax calculator to generate one for tax purposes.
Do I have to pay taxes on Atomic Wallet?
Yes - if you have capital gains or income from your Atomic Wallet investment activities, you'll need to report these to your tax office and pay taxes on them.
Is Atomic Wallet safe?
Yes. Atomic Wallet is a secure, non-custodial wallet. However, as it’s a hot wallet, you should always follow best practices and store crypto you’re not actively trading in a cold wallet.