LBank is a Hong Kong based crypto exchange established in 2015. The popular exchange offers a range of exciting investment opportunities including spot trading, futures, ETFs, and flexible and locked earn programs. Whatever your investments, Koinly can help with your LBank taxes.
You'll need to calculate and report any income or capital gains you made with your tax office. For most people, this happens as part of your annual tax return.
There are a couple of ways you can do this - do it yourself, by identifying your taxable transactions, calculating your net capital gain or loss, and the fair market value of any crypto income.
Or, use a crypto tax calculator like Koinly to easily calculate your taxable income for you, and generate your crypto tax report, ready to file with your tax office.
Koinly works by importing your crypto transaction data to analyze what's taxable, and what's not.
Koinly lets you manage all your crypto transactions - from all the blockchains, wallets and exchanges you use - from one single platform, making crypto tax simple. Here's how to connect.
Due to API limitations, the best way to connect LBank and Koinly is by uploading a CSV file of your LBank transactions. Here's how to get your LBank transaction history CSV file.
Excluding for futures, LBank don't offer a means on the platform to export a CSV file of your entire transaction history, so here's what you need to do instead. You'll need to submit a request to LBank, either through the LBank support center or via their live chat while you're logged into your LBank account. In your request, you'll need to include a verification photo of your face, with your ID card and a piece of paper that includes the following information written on it:
You can upload this as an attachment with your request or send via live chat. Once LBank has verified your request, you'll receive your CSV file within one week.
Good to know
1. When downloading your CSV files, check that the file covers your full trading history.
2. Don't forget to tag your airdrops and forks. This will ensure that they show up correctly as income on your Koinly tax reports.
Good to know
1. The LBank API only returns trades only for last 7 days and only mainnet coins. This is why we recommend using the CSV method above instead.
2. The API import may take a few minutes which is normal.
3. Spot a yellow circle in your Koinly Wallet? Koinly has calculated your balances based on the imported transactions but the balances reported by the API aren't quite matching up. Don’t worry, this is easy to fix! See our support article for quick troubleshooting steps.
If you need help connecting LBank and Koinly, check out these great resources:
Sign up free today and calculate your LBank taxes
No. LBank does not issue tax documents for users. LBank users are based all around the world and it would be very difficult for LBank to do this accurately. The best way to get your LBank tax documents is to connect LBank to crypto tax software like Koinly.
The easiest way to get your crypto tax reports from LBank is to get a CSV file of your complete LBank transaction history by following the steps above and upload it to Koinly, which will then calculate your LBank taxes and generate your LBank tax report.
No. LBank does not provide users with financial or end of year statements. You can, however, use crypto tax software to generate these documents for tax purposes.