How to Connect Latoken with Koinly
Here's what you need to do
The first - and in most cases, the only - step is to download all your data from Latoken and upload it to Koinly. There are a couple of ways you can do that:
Follow these steps to sync your Latoken data automatically to Koinly:
- Log in to your Latoken account
- Go to the API settings page
- Create a new api key for Koinly
- Make sure to give it permission to read your deposits/withdrawals/trades. Koinly does NOT need access to your funds so you should disable any fund management permissions.
- Copy your API key and API secret
- Create a free account on Koinly
- Complete onboarding until you get to the Wallets page and find Latoken in the list
- Select API > Paste the API keys you copied above in the appropriate box
- Hit Import and wait for Koinly to sync your data. This can take a few minutes
- Review your transactions on the Transactions page to ensure everything is tagged correctly and no missing data
- Go to the Tax Reports page to view your tax liability!
As Latoken has an API, the easiest way to import everything is to simply add your read-only API keys (API key, API secret). After that, Koinly will import your transaction data, and you can create a tax form.
If you don't have access to your API keys, you can also import transactions by uploading CSV files.
If you only have a few transactions and the above method(s) are not possible for you, you can even add the transactions manually through Koinly's web interface.
Note that if you decide to use CSV files, you need to make sure to import your deposits/withdrawals and trades for ALL previous years - not just the current one!
That's it. The only other thing to keep in mind is to tag your airdrops/forks so they show up as Income on your final cryptocurrency tax reports!