How to Connect Kava and Koinly
Kava is a popular DeFi P2P lending protocol for BEP2 IBC and KAVA tokens, letting investors lend, trade and earn on the Kava Chain. Whatever your Kava investments - Koinly can help with your crypto tax.
All you need to do to connect Kava and Koinly is either get your Kava public address or upload a CSV file of your Kava transaction history. Once connected, Koinly will calculate your crypto tax and generate your crypto tax report, ready to download and file. Here's how.
Follow these steps to sync your KAVA data automatically to Koinly:
- Open your KAVA wallet app
- Locate and copy your public address or key
- Create a free account on Koinly
- Complete onboarding until you get to the Wallets page and find KAVA in the list
- Select API > Paste the public address/key you copied above in the appropriate box
- Hit Import and wait for Koinly to sync your data. This can take a few minutes
- Review your transactions on the Transactions page to ensure everything is tagged correctly and no missing data
- Go to the Tax Reports page to view your tax liability!
This integration imports both Cosmos SDK transactions as well as EVM transactions. You can choose whether you add the bech32 version of your address (which starts with "kava...") or your evm hex address (which starts with "0x..."). Both representations of your address will result in the same transactions being imported
How to find your Kava public address
You can find your public address in the wallet you use to interact with Kava Chain. At the moment, Kava supports Trust Wallet, Ledger and Keplr. We have more in-depth instructions on how to find your public address on our integration pages - just search for the wallet you use.
Please note: you’ll need to add your public address from every wallet you use to interact with Kava Chain in order for Koinly to calculate your crypto taxes correctly.