How To Get Your Coinberry Tax Forms With Koinly
Founded in 2018 and based in Toronto, Canada, Coinberry, lets over 200,000 Canadian investors buy, sell and trade more than 35 different cryptocurrencies on its user-friendly and secure platform. Whatever your Coinberry investments, Koinly can help do your Coinberry taxes so you can file with the CRA easily and accurately.
Follow these steps to download your Coinberry data:
- Log in to Coinberry.
- In the top right corner, select your account name.
- From the drop down menu, select statements & reports.
- Underneath Coinberry pay reports, select the download icon.
- Once generated, your CSV file will be sent to the email address associated with your account. Download your file from here.
- Create a free account on Koinly
- Complete onboarding until you get to the Wallets page and find Coinberry in the list
- Click on it and select "File import" in the import options screen
- Upload the files you downloaded from Coinberry (one at a time) and click on Import
- Review your transactions on the Transactions page to ensure everything is tagged correctly and no missing data
- Go to the Tax Reports page to view your tax liability!
Does Coinberry report to the CRA?
Coinberry is a highly compliant crypto exchange that is OSC & FINTRAC registered. This means the exchange meets the high regulatory standards of these agencies - including collecting KYC data. Although the CRA hasn't yet requested data from Coinberry publicly, that doesn't mean they won't. The CRA previously won the right to obtain information pertaining to Coinsquare users and may pursue other exchanges in the future.
How do I file my Coinberry taxes?
The easiest way to get your Coinberry tax forms is to get a CSV file of your Coinberry transaction history and upload this to Koinly. Koinly will then identify your taxable transactions, calculate your gain or loss using the approved CRA cost basis method, and generate your Coinberry tax documents ready to file with the CRA.
Your frequently asked questions
Does Coinberry provide tax documents?
No, Coinberry does not provide tax documents for users. Instead, you'll need to either go through your Coinberry transaction history yourself and identify each taxable transaction (anytime you sold or traded crypto) and calculate your subsequent gain or loss using the adjusted cost basis method... or use a crypto tax calculator to do it for you.
How do I get Coinberry tax documents?
The easiest way to get your Coinberry tax documents is to get your a CSV file of your Coinberry transaction history and upload it to a crypto tax calculator like Koinly. Your tax calculator will then calculate your Coinberry taxes for you and generate your Coinberry tax documents.
How do I get a Coinberry CSV?
Easy - log in to Coinberry and select your account name, then statements & reports, then hit the download icon under Coinberry pay reports. Your CSV file will go to your email address.
Does Coinberry provide financial or end of year statements?
No. Coinberry only provides a CSV file of your transaction history, but you can upload this to a crypto tax app that can help you generate a financial or EOFY statement if you need one for tax purposes.
Do I have to pay taxes on Coinberry?
Yes. The CRA is clear that any gains from disposing of crypto by selling, swapping, spending or gifting it is subject to Income Tax. This includes any trades you made on Coinberry!