Preparing Your BitMarket Tax Documents
Here's what you should do
The first step is to download all your transaction data from BitMarket and upload them to Koinly. There are a few ways you can do that:
Follow these steps to download your BitMarket data:
- Log in to your BitMarket account
- Go to the transactions history page
- Export/download your transaction history for ALL years of trading (check with their support if you can't find this)
- Manually check that the file contains all your deposits, withdrawals and trades
- Create a free account on Koinly
- Complete onboarding until you get to the Wallets page and find BitMarket in the list
- Click on it and select "File import" in the import options screen
- Upload the files you downloaded from BitMarket (one at a time) and click on Import
- Review your transactions on the Transactions page to ensure everything is tagged correctly and no missing data
- Go to the Tax Reports page to view your tax liability!
BitMarket does not offer an API, so you will need to download your transaction files from their website and upload them to Koinly yourself.
If the above method(s) is not possible for you, you can also add the transactions one by one through Koinly's web interface.
Note that if you want to use CSV files, you must make sure to import your deposits/withdrawals and trades for ALL previous years - not just the current one!
That's it. Don't forget to tag your airdrops/forks so they show up as Income on your generated cryptocurrency tax documents!